Saturday, July 3, 2010

Dreamscape

Starting Pictures





After


My goal in my dreamscape was to demonstrate that I am a rounded individual who can go from doing an extreme, exciting, fun piece of art to a deeper and more serious piece. Interestingly when I begin it was with two brightly colored backgrounds which where them merged and masked together making them more of a combined unit. The background that I created left a feeling uncertainty not exactly knowing where the eye should look. I then choose take the idea of a person looking out upon the world through glass. Although she is protected and inside there are many struggles, she is witnessing though the window.

Outside the window in which she is looking are several objects that were placed because of the symbolism of the object. Starting form the Right hand side there are three trees. I choose to place three trees in the picture because three symbolizes a compass and how people need direction in life. However, the number three can represent religion and religion provides people with hope. The trees alone represent growth thorough life not only physically but mentally as well. Trees eventually die and so will we and we will become apart of the soil, which the trees grow. On the other hand I placed in a clock that shows the inside gears and gadgets that keep the clock ticking. I personally choose the clock because I think everyone always fights against time. Moving over to the Left hand side, I placed a stairway that is covered with leaves. I wanted it to represent going into the unknown of the future. In the top left, there is a plain white robotic face. It is to represent being one of a mass production to represent that you need to be your own individual. Finally, I placed labrys is a personal touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment